Great Dates, Great Prices
There are only so many times you can go see a movie and eat out until you’ve seen every movie and eaten at every restaurant. Going out a lot can also really slim down your wallet. Dates can be really hard to manage, especially on a college budget, so I have come up with eight date ideas that won’t break the bank.
Here are some ideas for dates in the Greater Lafayette area:
1. Go to a college sporting event. Not only are you spending some quality time with your s.o. you’re also cheering on your school with hundreds of other students! Student tickets are generally pretty cheap, so this is a great way to mix things up.
Here’s a picture of Boyfriend and me at a UK basketball game- GO CATS!!
- Go cheer on the Purdue Men’s Basketball Team! Student tickets range from $5-$40 and you can get them online or at Mackey Arena!
*Different games cost different prices based on the perceived importance.
2. Junk food and Netflix. Sometimes it’s just nice to relax at home instead of going out. This is Boyfriend and my favorite thing to do. We like to hit-up Target, grab our favorite ice cream flavors and other snacks, and stay at home and watch movies or TV shows on Netflix.
- Ice cream suggestions:
- Me: Häagen Dazs Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie, or Ben and Jerry’s New York Super Fudge Chunk.
- Boyfriend: Mint Chocolate Chip. Just. Mint. Chocolate. Chip.
- Netflix suggestions:
- Movies: Hitch, Star Trek Into Darkness, Silver Linings Playbook, or Pulp Fiction.
- TV shows: How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation, Saturday Night Live: The 2010s, or Psych.
3. Date-night in. A cheaper alternative to eating out is making a nice home-cooked meal yourself! You can even wear a pretty dress and decorate the kitchen table all fancy-like. There are hundreds of recipes to try online. I think this steak recipe is the best!!
Boyfriend and I love cooking at home! Here’s a picture of one of our many date-night ins! (He’s the best) ❤
4. Art Museum. The Art Museum of Greater Lafayette is one of Lafayette’s hidden treasures. Located at 102 S. 10th St. in Lafayette, IN, you and your s.o. can get lost looking through tons of amazing works of art! This nonprofit organization is open daily from 11 am to 4 pm and offers free admissions to all of its visitors!
- For more information head over to the Art Museum website or call the museum at (765)-742-1128.
5. All Fired Up. Every Wednesday night from 5-9 pm, All Fired Up hosts a Wine & Cheese Date Night! This is a fun way to let your creative juices flow as you pick a piece of unfinished pottery to paint and make your own! Pieces to paint at All Fired Up range from $10-$50 and they are no longer charging additional studio fees for paints, clear dip glazing, or kiln firing, so the price on your piece is the price you pay!
- All Fired Up is located at 308 E. State St. in West Lafayette, IN. They are open Monday-Saturday: Noon- 9pm and Sunday: 12- 5pm. Check out All Fired Up’s website or call (765)-743-7800 to get more information!
If you’re sick of this college town and need to get away for a while, here are a few more ideas in the Indianapolis area to try:
6. Indianapolis Zoo. The Indianapolis Zoo is re-opening on February 27 for spring and is the perfect location for a date! Boyfriend and I came here a little before we started dating and it is still one of my best memories!
- Admission for adults is $9.95 and includes tickets to see the dolphin show!
- For more information, check out the zoo’s website or call (317)-630-2001.
7. Downtown Indy. Another fun date for when the weather is warmer is hanging out in downtown Indianapolis. For $20 you can rent a double kayak and float along the canal!
- Unfortunately the canal won’t be open until April, but check out their website and the Wheel Fun Rentals’ website for more information!
Isn’t downtown Indy just so beautiful?
8. IMA. The Indianapolis Museum of Art is such a fun museum. You can look through tons of art or when it’s warmer, bring a picnic and have a wonderful date!
- The IMA offers free admissions. Check our their website for more details!
I hope some of my ideas helped you! Comment your favorite date ideas, if you’ve done anything on my list, or any blogs you want to see in the near future!
Can’t wait to talk to you guys soon!
And please follow me!!