Gifts are a great way to express gratefulness and love, but sadly we can’t always think of the perfect gift when shopping on a budget. I came up with some inexpensive gifts, that though, are low in money are high in thoughtfulness! These gifts are sure to be popular among your girl friends!
1. Scarves. Scarves are perfect gifts to give to your best gal pals, especially because the Midwest battles temperatures below zero during the winter months!
You can buy a cute scarf like this one from H&M for only $14.95!
OR! You can make your own scarves! All you have to do is buy some knitting needles and yarn and you are good to go! The best thing about this option is that you can customize each scarf you make however you want! If you don’t know how to knit, watch this YouTube video and you’ll be a pro in no time!
This set from Walmart has three knitting needles of varying sizes and is only $7.79!
2. Craft. My friend, Joy, made this cute craft for her mom for Christmas! She talked me through it, and it is so easy to do!
You will need:
- Scrabble pieces– you can get 100 Letter Tiles from Amazon for $8.55
- Hot glue/Hot glue gun
- Picture Frame- I suggest heading over to Goodwill and picking up a nice, cheap frame!
- Cut the piece of cardboard so it fits perfectly in the frame.
- Place your cardboard in the frame (It’s easier to handle if the cardboard is already in the frame, and reduces the chance of a slip up!)
- Select the letters you want to use and arrange them however you want!
- Hot glue the letters in their desired places and let cool to dry!
- Now your masterpiece is done!
You can make this gift for a family member, like Joy, but she also suggested using fun adjectives that describe your friend to make this craft! I love this gift because it’s so thoughtful and easy to make!
3. Cute Bundle. This cute bundle of gifts would show how much you appreciate your friend and would also be perfect for a girls’ night in! I got this idea from a picture that has been floating around on Pinterest.
- A Tervis Tumbler is a great gift idea, not only is it super cute, but it’s also very useful and inexpensive, at only $11!
- The Cucumber Aloe, Calming Mask is perfect for a lazy day in! You can find it at CVS for $2.49!
- Movie!! Whenever I go to Walmart, I always search the Five Dollar Movie Bin! Right now Grease is only $4.99 on the Walmart website! You are your friend can sing along with a young John Travolta all night long!
- To finish it off, you could add a bag of your friend’s favorite type of candy! I know mine is the Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers that’s only $0.97!
4. Accessories. Accessories are perfect gifts and a great way to spruce up any outfit!
This necklace from Charming Charlie is beyond cute and is only $8! It would also go perfect with this Faux Leather Crossbody bag from Forever 21, that’s $10.90! The total cost for these gifts is only $18.90.
5. Cake-Pop Kit. And for your favorite food lover, this Cake-Pop Kit from Target is sure to make them happy! The kit is $19.95 and includes 10 step-by-step instructions to create these fun, little treats! Cake Pops Kit by Bakerella also contains a cake pop stand, cake pop sticks, clear bags, and ribbon, to wrap up your cake pop masterpiece!
I hope you got some ideas from my post! Please comment below if you plan on trying something out, another great gift under $20, or any suggestions for future posts!
Can’t wait to talk to you guys soon!
And please follow me!!